Recommended Reading from Dr. Colin Calloway Virtual Presentation - Shawnee History and American History from the Center of the Universe
- Tecumseh and the Prophet: The Shawnee Brothers Who Defied a Nation. Peter Cozzens, 2020
- Tecumseh and the Quest for Indian Leadership. David Edmunds, 1984
- Blue Jacket: Warrior of the Shawnees. John Sugden, 2000
Recommended Reading from Dr. Andrew A. Szarejko Virtual Presentation: Native Nations and the Frontiers of Early U.S. Foreign Policy
- Calloway, Colin G. 2007. The Shawnees and the War for America.
- Carter, Harvey Lewis. 1987. The Life and Times of Little Turtle: First Sagamore of the Wabash.
- Hurt, R. Douglas. 1996. The Ohio Frontier: Crucible of the Old Northwest, 1720-1830.
- Saler, Bethel. 2015. The Settlers’ Empire: Colonialism and State Formation in America’s Old Northwest.
- Sugden, John. 2000. Blue Jacket: Warrior of the Shawnees.
- Sword, Wiley. 1985. President Washington’s Indian War: The Struggle for the Old Northwest, 1790-1795.
- Wooster, Robert. 2009. The American Military Frontiers: The United States Army in the West, 1783-1900.
- Beier, J. Marshall. 2005. International Relations in Uncommon Places: Indigeneity, Cosmology, and the Limits of International Theory.
- Evans, Laura E. 2011. Power from Powerlessness: Tribal Governments, Institutional Niches, and American Federalism.
- Frymer, Paul. 2017. Building an American Empire: The Era of Territorial and Political Expansion.
- Lightfoot, Sheryl. 2016. Global Indigenous Politics: A Subtle Revolution.
- Maass, Richard W. 2020. The Picky Eagle: How Democracy and Xenophobia Limited U.S. Territorial Expansion.
- Stephanson, Anders. 1995. Manifest Destiny: American Expansion and the Empire of Right.
- Dissertation to be distributed; Contact: [email protected]
Recommended Reading from Dr. Steve Warren Virtual Presentation - Performing Tecumseh: Race and Memory in Mid-Century Ohio
- The four Gospels of Our Lord Jesus Christ. W.A. Galloway, 1929
- Old Chillicothe: Shawnee And Pioneer History: Conflicts and Romances in The Northwest Territory. William Galloway, 1934
- The Second Bend in The River. Ann Rinaldi, 1997
- How Race Is Made in America: Immigration, Citizenship, and the Historical Power of Racial Scripts.Natalia Molina, 2013
- The Ohio Story. Frank Siedel, 1950
- Land of Pioneers: A Story of Ohio. Standard Oil Co., 1952-1952
- The Glorious Gateway of the West: Historical Pageant of Indiana’s Centennial Celebration Fort Wayne, Indiana June,1916. Wallace Rice and Kenneth Sawyer Goodman, 1916 (play)
- Staging Indigeneity. Katrina Philips, 2021